Removal of old printers & installing new printers
In this article you'll learn how to remove & install printers @ FCPS
What we will accomplish:
Removal of old print server printers
Add new print server printers
What you won't learn in this article:
How to setup mailboxes (if your school uses them)
- Removal of old printers on E181PSERVER2
- Search for "Printer & Scanners
- Select " Printers & scanners" at the top of the list. This will open the printer settings page
- Remove ALL printers that have " E181PSERVER2" after the name. In this example it is " BP_Lab_Printer on E181PSERVER2"
- Write down each printer you will remove before you actually remove it. You'll have to add those particular ones back in most cases.
- Click " Remove Device" to remove the printer. Then select " Yes"
- Adding a printer
- Click " Add a printer or scanner"
- Once you click " Add printer or scanner" a long list of printers will populate (this could take a minute). Select and install each printer " One at a time"
- In this example, I'll be installing PM-Office-Copier on E181PRINT. You need to install the printers that goes with your location and user.
- Click " Add Device" next to the printer you would like to install
- You'll then see a installation progress bar at the top of the list
- Once the install completes you can add the additional printers in the same fashion.
See other articles in Printing
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!